By re-engineering and accelerating their medical claims processing, enhancing customer care and improving documentation and other functions, insurers and other payers can become more efficient and better equipped to meet the challenges of health reform.
The benefits they're deriving span virtually all business processes, from claims processing to cost recovery…from personalized communications to member engagement…from liability to litigation… from customer contact to customer care.
Read the overview below or visit our Healthcare Payer Services site for a complete list of our Healthcare Payer Solutions.
Services We Provide
Communications Design and Consulting, Payers can improve business efficiency and members’ health when they work with us to simplify processes. We offer a full range of business and IT services from claims processing to customer care.
Business and IT Services
- Transactional Services – includes Claims Processing, Transaction Processing (membership, eligibility, billing), and Mailroom
- Customer Care – includes Plan Administration, Call Center, and Contact Technology Services
- Communication and Marketing Services – includes Member Recruitment and Education, Electronic Delivery, Communications Design and Consulting, and Large Volume Printing
- Cost Avoidance, Audit and Payment Recovery – includes Third-Party Liability and Litigation Services
- Third Party Administration
- Health Insurance Exchanges (HIX)
- Document Management
On Top of Health Reform
How we’re responding to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
With the passing of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the healthcare industry is experiencing a radical transformation. You’re under heavy pressure to reduce costs, simplify processes, improve consumer communication and create new products.
At Xerox, we help you meet these challenges with innovative, scalable and flexible services tailored to your needs. Let us position you for long-term success in a rapidly changing healthcare world, and you can:
- Improve health plan services and communication to new and existing customers
- Enhance your technology solutions to meet new medical loss ratio compliance regulations
- Stay up to date on regulatory changes in healthcare
- Adapt to new technologies and standards used by all industry players
Our health plan services benefit the entire healthcare ecosystem by building trust, turning large amounts of data into actionable information, and reducing costs system-wide.
Case in Point: Speeding Claims Processing by 75 percent
A major health insurer was overhauling its medical claims processing system. By increasing auto-adjudicating claims, it cut claims processing time by 75 percent, turnaround time by 50 percent, and annual costs by 50 percent.
Read the full story about intelligent claims processing (PDF, 348 KB)
Case in Point: Saving Costs (and Trees)
A major health insurer needed to revamp inefficient member and provider communications. It found a solution that reduced paper usage by 30 percent, postage costs by 25 percent, operational costs by 20 percent – and overall costs by $17 million.
Read the full story about healthcare communication services (PDF, 460 KB)
Leadership by the Numbers
Did you know that:
- All top 20 managed healthcare plans are Xerox clients
- Serving 2/3 of all U.S. insured patients (government and commercial)
- Process over one billion health claims annually
Transforming Healthcare Communications.
Outbound communication is a large payer expense. Here’s how to make it more efficient.
Download white paper (PDF, 318 KB)
Comply with Reforms; Improve Quality.
Transform back-office processes from enrollment to claims to increase member access and meet new regulations.
View Healthcare Payer brochure (PDF, 1.8 MB)